Accelerator Program Objectives
The goals of the CIMIT Accelerator program are to:
- Find, fund and facilitate technological innovations that have a reasonable chance of handoff to industry or widespread clinical adoption within 12 to 18 months.
- Make the Accelerator self-sustained by:
- Providing an ongoing mechanism for return to flow back to CIMIT to fund and expand the program
- Garnering investments from other organizations who share CIMIT's vision of bringing medical innovations to the market
In addition to providing funding, CIMIT works with the project team to:
- Determine the optimal method to spin out the technology (licensing, creating a new company, etc). The Accelerator team provides support and specialized expertise in:
- Intellectual property protection
- Patents and licensing
- Technology implementation
- Regulatory issues
- And much more
- Develop an impact plan, which may include market, competitive, financial and intellectual property analysis.